How We Operate
Fees Payable & Terms and Conditions:
If you are paying for your own service, costs will be discussed with you individually. Invoicing, payment and cancellation processes will be discussed with you at your initial assessment and terms and conditions provided for you to read and sign.
Confidentiality & Protection:
We keep all records and information in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
There may be times when you need to resolve any issues or concerns you may have or just want to ask someone for advice. Often a family member or friend can assist you, however there may be occasions when you need to talk to somebody and ask them to speak on your behalf. Please contact us at the office for and we can link you to an independent advocacy service.
Health and Safety:
Quality Care Devon have a duty of care to both service users and employees to ensure they are not exposed to any identified hazards or risks whilst carrying out their duties. We have a strict health and safety policy that should be adhered to at all times. A copy is available to be sent to you should you request it.
Diversity & Equality:
We believe that everyone should have an equal chance in life. Working together we challenge inequality and respond to society’s diverse needs.
We fully consider the requirements of vulnerable people and promote equal opportunities. This ensures that no person or other organisation is discriminated against on the grounds of their race, ethnic origin, disability, nationality, gender, sexuality, age, class, appearance, religion, responsibility for dependants, unrelated criminal activities, illness, or any other matter which may cause a person to be treated with prejudice.
Quality Care Devon operates a strict Quality Assurance programme that ensures you receive only the highest standards of care. The process is outlined below, but if you have any queries, please contact us.
- All staff complete induction and care certificate induction.
- Supervision and monitoring will take place on regular intervals
- All care plans will reflect the needs of the individual and/or the requirements of the local authority.
- All staff undergo a thorough recruitment process including obtaining and verifying two written references and an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (DBS) check.
- An annual service user satisfaction survey will be carried out and the results collated and shared with participants.
- Continuity of care will be achieved where possible. Grouping staff to areas and doing our best to have a regular team.
- Provide a service at the time you need it. We will do our best to fit everyone in for their visit where we can. This is often difficult during the busiest times of the day but please be assured we do our best to move you to a preferred time slot when one becomes available.
- At all times the independence of the service user will be promoted, and where the risk becomes a factor in promoting independence, this will be discussed with the service user and/or their family.